Univision Radio [2012–2016]
Vice President of Content, Los Angeles, California [2015-2016]
· Led vision and direction for content and brand management strategies for the Regional Mexican formatted stations and the Los Angeles cluster, including KLVE, the company's flagship property.
· Set forth new content management structure and processes, which coupled with strategic content and marketing initiatives led the stations to historic ratings successes. In Los Angeles, the 3 FM stations achieved a combined 12% share in the key, 18-49 adults audience ranking 1, 2, and 3 in the Spanish-language market. The Regional Mexican formatted stations ranked #1 in their format and/or Spanish-language in 13 of 15 markets.
Univision Radio, Los Angeles and San Diego, California [2012–2015]
· Directed Regional Mexican brand portfolio of stations across multiple markets and the Los Angeles cluster of stations as content director before being elevated to vice president role (2014-2015). Played a significant role in implementing and shaping the company’s centralized content production model, which reduced costs and staffing by 25%, while improving ratings results.
· Managed content operations for the radio cluster, which included Regional Mexican KLNV and Spanish Adult Hits KLQV (2012-2014). KLNV regained the #1 Spanish-language position and both stations consistently ranked #1 and #2 in the market.
CBS Radio, Houston, Texas [2011–2012]
KLOL-FM Program Director
· Positioned the station in the top 2 of Spanish-language radio market and top 5 general market with Adults 18-34 by curating a blend of pop rhythmic hits with mainstream ballads for mass-appeal. Pursued an aggressive events strategy producing private concerts with format superstars, including Juanes and Prince Royce.
Univision Radio, Los Angeles and San Francisco, California [2006–2011]
· Successfully transitioned KLVE to new ratings methodology (PPM) maintaining the top Spanish-language ranking position in Los Angeles.
· Directed programming and marketing departments of six-station cluster with various formats: KSOL-FM, KSQL-FM, KBRG-FM, KVVF-FM, KVVZ-FM and KLOK-AM.
· Increased market share by developing a working environment that prioritized synergy between key departments in the organization and the company’s television stations.
Radio One, Houston, Texas [2004–2005]
KROI-FM Program Director
· Created, launched and directed programming, research and production of new Spanish-language format.
· Consulted in research projects in several markets exploring opportunities for Hispanic radio products.
Spanish Broadcasting System, Los Angeles, California [2002–2004 ]
Operations Director / Programming Manager
· Managed programming, production, promotions and research departments for KLAX-FM, KXOL-FM, and KZAB-FM/KZBA-FM.
Grupo Uniradio, Tijuana, Mexico [2003–2005]
XHFG-FM and XHA-FM Programming and Marketing Consultant
Represented by Sutton, Barth and Vennari, Los Angeles, California 2002-2004
Voiceover Actor - clients included 20th Century Fox, McDonald’s, DirecTV, Vans, and Albertsons
Big City Radio, Los Angeles, California [2000-2002]
KLYY-FM Director of Programming and Music
Entravision Communications, Los Angeles, California [1998-2000]
Production Assistant / On-air Personality
Fox Sports Americas (now Fox Sports en Español), Los Angeles, California [1998-1999]
Harvard Business School - Alumni
Program for Leadership Development, 2010 - 2011
The Business of Entertainment, Media and Sports, 2014
Creating Shared Value, 2014
Launching New Ventures, 2015
University of Southern California - Marshall School of Business
Management Development Program, 2010
Digital Media & Technology Management Program, 2010
Certified Transformative Coach by Michael Neill
Supercoach Academy, 2017 & 2018
Specialties & Languages
Hispanic media, coaching, competitive analysis, strategic planning, branding, marketing strategy, digital media content creation, Spanish-language radio programming.
Honors and Awards
Best PD in America - Radio Ink Magazine, 2008, 2013
Program Director of the Year - Monitor Latino 2008, 2009, 2010, 2014, 2015